We changed our privacy policy. Read more.

Questions about the practices of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), a US government agency that regulates communications, including amateur radio. For questions not about the FCC per se, use [united-states] and either [license] or [legal] as appropriate, instead.

Use this tag when you are asking specifically about the FCC itself in a way which is not covered by either or .

  • If your question is about what amateur radio operators in the United States are allowed to do, use and instead.

  • If your question is about obtaining and holding an amateur radio license in the United States, use and instead.