I want to make / buy VHF antenna that can meet the requirements below:
- Portable (easy to install and transport).
- Indoor (I want to install the antenna at a windowsill).
- Low noise level, no (or not many) noise peaks at the spectrum.
- Only for RX.
I have tried dipole and 2-element yagi, but it seems that they do not work properly without outdoor placement. The main issue that the noise level is great and the signal levels are low. I tried to place the antennas at a balcony and they received signals much better. Also, when I touched dipole section, the noise level became lower, I do not know why that happened.
So, the questions are:
- What antenna design can meet my requirements?
- What parameters do influence the noise level?