I want to extend WiFi signal using a passive repeater between two isolated boxes (have to make both box wireless).
- Transmitter antenna from box A is placed in the gap between box A and B.
- In the same gap at distance of about 10cm receiving antenna for box B which will be connected through coax to a computer in box B.
For link budget calculation:
- Receiver antenna gain 0db.
- Max Transmitter power for wifi 20dBm
- Propagation loss in free space for 10 cm is -16db
- Wire loss is 0.3dbi/m for 3m - 0.9db.
- Prx = 20dbm - 16db -0.9db = 3.1dbm.
Is this calcuation correct?
Also, if free space is very less, can I couple all signal to receiving antenna?