The question came up during a club event, and obviously we checked the regulations.
From this document the details in regards to required logbook keeping:
- dates of transmission;
- the times (in UTC standard time), during each day of the first and last transmissions from the Station and changes made to the frequency band, mode of emission or power;
- frequency band of transmission;
- mode of transmission;
- power level (dBW or W);
- initial calls ("CQ" calls) whether or not they are answered; and
- the call-sign of licensed Amateur Stations with which communications have been established.
All this is clear, except item 3.
The question here is, what is meant by "frequency band of transmission"
- the frequency, e.g. "7.123 MHz"
- the band, e.g. "40m"
- both the band and frequency, e.g. "7.123 MHz 40m"
- either the band or frequency, e.g. "7.123 MHz" |or| "40m"
What is minimum required here, in regards to "frequency band of transmission" ?
In my own interpretation of this, I would believe the requirement is logging the "band" as the minimum requirement, e.g "40 meter" or "40m"