I'm trying to run some transmit/receive RF examples that I found online using GNU Radio with USRP B200. I read and heard about some cautions in terms of transmitted frequencies here in the USA which made me slow down! What is the legal frequency signals that I can transmit in the USA as a hobbyist or a student? Kind of, I felt lost while looking at the following USA Frequency Allocations Chart:

link to USA Frequency Allocations Chart

Assuming I know what is my ISM band allocation value, where I should input this value, I mean which block?

The other issue is the safety issue. I don't want to fry my tools, so how and where I should set the power? Again, which block I should be looking at?

Any hints, clues, or recommended resources would be highly appreciated.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Welcome to Amateur Radio Stack Exchange! You've asked quite a few questions. It's best to to ask one question in each post — this makes sure that it gets a good answer, rather than answers that only help with part of the question. Since your first two questions are "getting started with transmitting", I think it'll work okay this time, but please keep this in mind when writing new questions. Also, requests specifically for resources like example flow graphs are off-topic — questions should be able to be answered in words, so I have removed your last question. $\endgroup$ – Kevin Reid AG6YO Jul 7 '19 at 14:42
  • $\begingroup$ @KevinReidAG6YO, Thanks Kevin. $\endgroup$ – Hadad Jul 7 '19 at 15:23
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ If you think the chart is overwhelming, look at the part 15 regulations which will probably apply in your situation. $\endgroup$ – Phil Frost - W8II Jul 7 '19 at 20:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.