I recently purchased a Nagoya NA-771 that I believe is counterfeit given the overall feel of the antenna. How do I identify a genuine Nagoya antenna vs. a counterfeit?
Nagoya has an official article listing the difference between genuine antennas and counterfeits, please refer to that.
As of their January 15, 2015 update:
- Genuine antennas come in a green bag
- Genuine antennas' bags have well-made rounded corners
- Genuine antennas come with a spacer
- Genuine antennas are straight
- Genuine antennas have a particular printed font (see pictures in the article)
- The QR code on genuine packaging goes all the way next to the Nagoya branding
These are all illustrated in the article, I recommend reading it.