Is it possible, and how can I setup communication between stations 1000km apart from each other by using just 1W of transmission power?
By communication, I mean:
- It can be text based
- It can be very slow. It's okay if I receive a small message in few hours of time.
What are the limitations:
- I don't have an amateur license
- I can use only 27MHz CB radio band
- Maximum radiated power can't be more than 1W
- Many busy cities will be between the two stations, not just plain fields and seas.
What I have/can do:
- Use a directional antenna
- I like DIY
- I am planning to receive using an RTL-SDR
- I can use open-source software to decode signals and/or can write a script to do so, too.
I am from India and here is the latest I could find for CB radio band. Also, it seems I could use 5W of power, but no external antenna and no mention of data transfer policy.
I was amazed how far WSPR signals can go with very little power. Trying to achieve something like that. Not just beacons, but actual communication.
If anything I asked doesn't make sense, I'll keep on editing the question as per the community's feedback, to be more specific.