I have an [clone of] an Icom OPC-478 programming cable for my IC-208H. I thought I read that I can use that same cable to do CI-V with my IC-706 if I can find an 1/8" mono (male) to 1/8" stereo (female) adapter.

If I understood correctly, the OPC-478 has a TRS with audio on T, data on R and ground on S, whereas CI-V is just a TS with data on T and ground on S. Do I have it right?

  • $\begingroup$ I couldn't find my adapter, so I can't answer my exact question, but I did try an experiment. I had also read that you can use that cable if you make a TRS->RTS adapter (1/8" female with a 1/8" male, T wired to R and R wired to T) and can confirm that works. $\endgroup$ – Duston Sep 7 '18 at 13:46

I finally obtained one of the described adapters, and I can confirm that yes, it does indeed work fine.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.