Yaesu FT-450D Transceiver
- USB-to-DB9 cable installed to the CAT interface
- Computer runs the ADMS-450 channel-programming program fine.
- Computer can run the PCC remote-control program fine.
DATA connector has these pins:
And the cable looks like this:
- DATA connector is attached to the computer's audio in/out jacks
- Computer can record receive-audio fine.
The Operator's Manual shows an external TNC for RTTY and PSK, wired like this:
So I admit to being a bit confused as I thought the data cable would be all that would be necessary to use software digital modes from the laptop. Now I see that the PTT line is n/c.
It does function as a very good analog interface, and makes good recordings.
The goal is to use the laptop as a CW keyboard and memory keyer.
Perhaps the simplest option would be to use the Keyer jack directly with a Python program on a RPi3B from the junk box.
If it is possible to do it with the existing connections that would be best.
In searching around with Google there seems to be very little information about doing this.
QUESTION: How to use the FT-450D for CW from the computer?
How do you key the carrier remotely? Is it possible to use the CAT interface to send CW?